Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to all purchases of products made by you from Tranik House Ltd (www.tranikdoors.co.uk).
We recommend that all customers read these terms and conditions carefully and in full before placing orders on our website. Once you tick the terms and conditions box at the basket, you are understood to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not affect your legal or statutory rights. For legal advice, get in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
This site is owned and operated by Tranik House Ltd (“Tranik House Ltd”, “Tranik House”
"we" or “us") of Tranik House Ltd, 1 The Old Sawmills, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0HP. VAT Number: GB 274743381. Registered number 02865284.
Please click here to email us. Alternatively, you can write to our Customer Services at the above address or telephone us on 01395 202108.
You confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website. We reserve the right to make changes to our Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) shall be deemed as an acceptance of such changes. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must cease using the website immediately.
Acceptance of Order
Upon placing your order, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging the receipt of your order. This email is an acknowledgement only and does not constitute acceptance of your order. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place upon despatch of your items. The following exceptions apply:
- We have not accepted your order
- You have cancelled your order in accordance with the instructions under Right to Cancel.
Only goods listed on the confirmation email sent at the time of despatch will be included in the contract formed.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on "submit" or "make payment" on the final page of our ordering process. See also Right to Cancel.
We take payment from your card or account at the time you submit your order, once we have checked your card details. Fraud checks may be conducted. This involves checks on details provided during the order process including the address details. This may involve your details being passed to a 3rd party fraud checking company. On occasion we may ask for additional information in order to process your order. We will conduct this process as quickly as possible however on occasion despatch of goods may be delayed.
The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. You will then be given the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it outright. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund within 14 days.
All prices on our website include UK VAT at the current rate, but exclude delivery charges unless expressly stated otherwise. It is possible to show prices excluding VAT using the toggle in the top right of the page.
All card transactions are taken in the UK and our transaction currency is in UK Pounds (£).
All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available within our usual estimated lead times. We may suggest suitable similar alternatives. If an alternative cannot be agreed upon and you are unable to wait for items to become available, you will of course be entitled to a full refund.
Lead times are estimates and not a firm date of arrival for goods. Various factors affect the supply of goods.
Delivery of Orders
Delivery charges vary depending on the source(s) of products ordered and the service you select. Your delivery charges will be clearly indicated at checkout.
Delivery information can be found here. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated time scales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors.
All goods and products are subject to availability. We will do our best to get all orders despatched as quickly as possible, and usually within 3-10 days of order You have the right to cancel delayed orders at any time and get a refund prior to the item(s) being despatched. We recommend that you make arrangements for trades people to carry out work on your behalf only after your order has been delivered and checked for damage.
We shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Damage to property
- Lost income
- Loss of profits
- Economic or commercial losses
- Third party claims
Deliveries are made by third parties, often direct from our suppliers. These deliveries may be kerbside only and require on-site labour to move the doors into the house. See our Delivery Details for further information.
Checking of Goods
Upon delivery, goods must be checked to ensure they are in perfect condition. Any damage to packaging or goods themselves must be clearly stated upon the delivery note. Once you have signed the delivery note confirming the goods have arrived in good condition, we will be unable to progress any claims for damaged products.
We cannot proceed with a damage claim if you have written ‘Unchecked’ on the delivery note. You must thoroughly check the entire delivery before signing as having accepted the goods or clearly detail any damage as above.From the point of delivery you have 48 hours to check your goods. Within this time you must ensure the following:
- Check that the goods delivered match your order exactly including the size ordered
- Remove the packaging and check each item delivered for damage and/or manufacturing faults
- Advise us by email of any discrepancies or faults, including any damage stated on the delivery note prior to signing. Any email should include your order number, name, address and photos of the fault/damage. It is important to confirm the size and quantity of any affected products.
We will acknowledge recipe of your email within 1 working day. We will then advise the course of action to bring this to a resolution. See our Returns Policy for further information.
Right to Cancel
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013:
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by e–mail or post), including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or notify us in writing by post to; Customer Service, Tranik House Ltd, 1 The Old Sawmills, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0HP.
- We will provide you with a refund for the value of the order. This includes the cost of delivery (except for any supplementary costs if you chose a type of delivery other than the standard and least expensive method of delivery available). However we will deduct from the refund the cost of collecting the goods*. This cost will be advised when you notify us of your wish to cancel and may vary from any delivery charge paid originally.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
* Alternatively you can return the goods to us at your own expense. In these circumstances we would strongly recommend you use a fully insured service as we would be unable to refund any items which are damaged in transit.
Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
Storage and Installation
Please note that by fitting, finishing or making any alterations to the products supplied, these items will have been deemed to have been accepted as supplied. No claims relating to damage or manufacturing fault will be entertained on any product that has been altered in any way. It is the responsibility of you the customer to check the goods, not any persons installing on your behalf.
Doors must be handled, stored and installed in line with the instructions supplied within each wrapper. Should you not find instructions within the packaging, please contact us for a copy immediately, and prior to commencing any work.
Please see our Returns Policy for further information.
Limitation of Liability
We shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to property, lost income, profits, economic or commercial losses and third parties claims.
Our total liability in connection with or arising from the order, whether in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the value of the goods.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Tranik House Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non–commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Tranik House Ltd. You may not (and may not assist any third party to) modify, distribute or re–post anything on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of Content
Tranik House Ltd. has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible a true general representation of the products that appear on this website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
As the majority of our products are produced from natural materials, there will be variations in grain and colour. This is part of the beauty of natural timber and is not considered to be a defect. . No claims relating to variation in grain and/or colour will be entertained.
Door images of single doors are generally of the most common door size of 762mm x 1981mm (30” x 78”). Some variation may occur for smaller or larger sizes.
Damage to your Computer
Tranik House Ltd. makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won't cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. Tranik House Ltd. shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
You confirm that the personal information which you are required to provide to make a purchase is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Tranik House Ltd. shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless www.tranikdoors.co.uk, Tranik House Ltd, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from and against the following:
- All claims
- Costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your account and/or your personal information.
If any part of these terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the terms will not be affected with all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as is possible where any clause/ sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly.
Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause/sub-clause as is permitted by law.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
The above terms constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and tranikdoors.co.uk. Any waiver of any provision of the terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by a director of Tranik House Ltd.
Law, Jurisdiction and Language
This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK. All contracts are concluded in English.